Monday, December 17, 2007

Week 8: #18 Social Networking: Making friends in the comfort of your own home

I registered with Facebook. I liked the Facebook site because it was started for college students, and I have a number of friends that I would like to catch up to who I have not seen since college--hopefully they are registered too. Facebook is a lot friendlier than the first networking site that I tried--"Classmates.com" Classmates took my info before I could look at anyone else's and then they required a fee to see anyone else's info, which I found rather underhanded.

I can see why social networking through these venues is really appealing, since time and spacial distance are no longer barriers, and I know these are popular with today's youth, but I bet it will catch on with older generations eventually.

No comments: